With Wio Terminal LoRaWAN Field Tester + Wio Terminal Battery Chassis,you can stack everything in a compact as Paul used in the above video!
- Ready to go Wio Terminal LoRaWAN Field Tester. No setup, just power it on! The included communication allows a normal use for 3 to 5 years.
- Compact size, support Type C power bank charge to bring the device everywhere.
- Monitor the LongFi network performance from the field to verify the coverage and know the different Gateways / Hotspots covering a given place.
- Find the best places to deploy new Gateways / Hotspots.
- Directly display network and GPS information on the Wio Terminal screen
This Wio LoRaWAN FieldTester is a plug-and-play and all-in-one LongFi network monitor for Helium network. It will help you particularly know how many Hotspots around can be touched for a given position, enrich the network mappers to know each other and share the real network coverage.
It helps to build the global coverage map. This map proves that the network can be used for professional / industrial applications by making sure sensors can be deployed in desired areas. This gives long-term value to our assets.
In a particular zone where no hotspot has been yet deployed, you can make sure it will be witnessed by some other hotspot and that way verify the viability to deploy new hotspot in excentered zones where the scale reward is higher.
With the Helium Cargo application, you can real-time track yourself or an asset over a covered zone.
The WioLoRaWanFieldTester provides different features, all-in-one:
- Field Tester – it allows to monitor the LoRaWan / LongFi network performance from the field. That way you can verify the coverage and know the different Gateways / Hotspots covering a given place. It helps to find the best places to deploy new Gateways / Hotspots, compare different places to optimize the network deployment. It can show signal strength in real-time and allows the testing of different network parameters.
- Mapper – it automatically transfers the positions to the network mappers – Helium Mappers and Coverage Map – to create a map of coverage. This map is really important to understand where it is possible to use the network. It is a key point for giving trust to the network and motivating the service providers to use it.
- Tracker – it can be connected to tracking services like cargo to track cars, people, assets in real-time.
- Multi-zone: suports EU868, AS923, US915, KR920, IN865, AU915
- Friendly to developers: compatible with over 300 Plug&Play Grove modules to create IoT nodes. The firmware is open-source and can be upgraded like moving a file to a directory.
When Wio Terminal is connecting to the network, it starts sending messages on regular basis, meanwhile, the onboarded GPS is getting the device’s position in real-time. This message is acknowledged by the network to retrieve the information requested for field testing. Each of the messages is processed by a dedicated application computing advanced Field Testing information later transmitted back to the device. When the GPS signal quality is correct, the location is transferred to the mappers and tracking services.
All the Field Testing information is displayed on the Wio Terminal screen where you can also set up different radio parameters.
Learn more: How WioLoRaWanFieldTester works.
WioLoRaWanField tester is made of standard pieces that can be used for many different applications and you will be able to reuse the hardware for many different applications. If you flash a different firmware on the device than the official build available on the GitHub project you have a risk of losing the device configuration. We won’t be able to provide you with the corresponding credentials and your subscription will be lost. You can at any time configure the device with your own credentials on the helium console following the configuration process described on the open-source project Github.
… and the way, they are interacting over time:
About Wio Terminal
Wio Terminal is compatible with Arduino and Micropython, built with an ATSAMD51 microcontroller with wireless connectivity supported by Realtek RTL8720DN. Its CPU speed runs at 120MHz (Boost up to 200MHz). Realtek RTL8720DN chip supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi providing the backbone for IoT projects. The Wio Terminal is Highly Integrated with a 2.4” LCD Screen, there is an onboard IMU(LIS3DHTR), microphone, buzzer, microSD card slot, light sensor, and infrared emitter(IR 940nm).
With Wio Terminal, sense and tag the Real-World data with over 300 Groves created by Seeed and visualize through Azure IoT Central Platform to create an end-to-end IoT project
- GitHub: Wio LoRaWan Field tester by disk91
- Setup documentation
- Developer guide
- LoRa-E5 datasheet and specifications
- LoRa-E5 AT Command Specification
- STM32WLE5JC Datasheet
- Quectel L76-LB GNSS datasheet
Specifications Wio Terminal
|Main Chip||Manufacturer Part Number||ATSAMD51P19|
|Core Processor||ARM® Cortex®-M4F running at 120MHz|
|Memory||4 MB External Flash, 192 KB RAM|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C ~ 85°C (TA)|
|Wireless Connectivity||Manufacturer Part Number||RTL8720DN|
|KM4 CPU||ARM® Cortex®-M4F @ 200MHz|
|KM0 CPU||ARM® Cortex®-M0|
|Wi-Fi||802.11 a/b/g/n 1×1, Dual Band 2.4GHz & 5GHz|
|Speaker||≥78dB @10cm 4000Hz|
|Interface||MicroSD Card Slot||Maximum 16GB|
|GPIO||40-PIN (Raspberry Pi Compatible)|
|Supported Protocol||SPI, I2C, I2S, ADC, DAC, PWM, UART(Serial)|
|Grove||2 (Multifunction), for Digital, Analog, I2C, and PWM|
|USB Type-C||Power & USB-OTG|
|Operation Interface||5-Way Switch|
|User-defined button *3|
|Enclosure||Mouting||Built-in magnets and two mounting holes|
|Visual Studio Code|
|CircuitPython ( How to run CircuitPython on Wio Terminal?)|
Wio Terminal LoRaWan Chassis with Antenna
|Voltage – supply||3V3|
|LoRa-E5||Frequency||EU868 / US915 / AU915 / AS923 / KR920 / IN865|
|Sensitivity||-116.5dBm ~ -136dBm|
|modulation||LoRa, (G)FSK, (G)MSK, BPSK|
|Quectel L76-LB||Receiving Bands||GPS L1/Galileo E1 C/A: 1575.42MHz
GLONASS L1 C/A: 1602.5625MHz
BeiDou B1 C/A: 1561.098MHz
|Channel||33 Tracking Channels
99 Acquisition Channels
210 PRN Channels
|Interfaces||Wio Terminal 40-PIN(2×20 Male Headers)|
|Materials||3D Printing with ABS|
- 1x Wio Terminal
- 1x USB Type-C Short Cable
- 1x Wio Terminal Chassis – LoRa-E5 and GNSS *1
- 1x Antenna(EU868/US915/AS923) *1